Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lisenbee update



Hi Family,

I haven't written in a long time, but I've been busy training for my second mini-marathon. That's right, 13.1 miles! Yesterday, Jillie and Mick and I ran in the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon! It was cold and windy, but we all finished; with faster times than last year, I might add! Molly Pat came along for moral support and to take a few pictures before the race. I wasn't quite sure if I was going to be able to pull it off this year because I came down with a sore foot a week before the race. Something called "plantar facietis" (something I can't spell!). Anyway, it feels the same today as it did before the race so I don't think it hurt to run.

Over spring break, Liz and I went to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Three full days of going through the museum. Liz was like a kid in a candy store. I looked back at him just as we walked through the front doors for the first time and I thought he was going to cry, he was so filled with emotion! Anyway, it was kind of interesting...even to me!

Last month Liz and I took a trip to San Diego. We tried to connect with Matt and Kort, but they were just leaving on a cruise. Otherwise, we had a great time. The weather was perfect, we went to a party on the Midway (a navy ship) that the Beach Boys were singing at and we went to the San Diego Zoo. I highly recommend the trip if only to see that Zoo, it was amazing!

Nate and Kendall are doing well, and Gwennie is about to turn 2! I will try to put some pictures on here if I can figure it out. Nate is still at Ottawa County and Kendall is still at Mary Free Bed.

Jillie and Bryan are just finishing up with Bryan's second year of law school. This year has been much nicer for Jillie because she got a promotion at work and is much happier at her job. Plus, she has Gus to hang around with when Bryan is studying nights.

Well, that is about all for us. Hope you are all having a wonderful Mother's Day and hopefully I will see many of you next weekend at Stepanie's shower!

Love,

Katie

1 comment:

Jill Spencer said...

Hey, how did you get those pictures in there??