Thursday, December 4, 2008

the 4th




Hello Family,

It's been awhile since I've checked in so I thought I would send an update. Liz and I went to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. It was a pretty quick trip and we were a surprise to everyone there. Nate and Kendall and Gwen went to Kendall's parents and Jillie went to Bryan's mom's house, so we were on our own.

Jillie is doing fine down in South Bend. She is working for Press-Ganey (a medical satisfaction survey company or something like that) in the marketing department and has her own apartment in Mishawaka. Since she's only a few hours from home we see her every other weekend or so. So far. She hasn't made a lot of friends there yet and when Bryan is busy studying on the weekend it's nice for her that she can get home.

Nate and Kendall are doing well. Kendall is back to work part time and her mom comes to babysit for a few hours after Nate leaves for work. Problem is, Gwen only wants her mom or dad so Kendall doesn't get much sleep when she gets home from the night shift. Hopefully, it won't be long and Gwen will let someone else take care of her for a few hours so Kendall can get some rest without listening to Gwen cry.
Gwen is five months olds now and she's doing great! She's tall, already wearing 12 month size clothes. I will try to add some pictures at the end of this post.

Finally, have a buyer for Mom's house in Lost Lake. He's a golf pro, so his offer included 25 free golf lessons. We are going to maintain our membership there, but the house has been sold. I'm still negotiating with a company from Florida who wants to buy my practice. I would continue to work for them for three years after the sale. If we can come to terms, it may happen before the end of the year. Which will be nice for tax purposes.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Christmas at our house. I was thinking about having a ham and a turkey and just doing something easy like sandwich fixings and stuff to accompany. I'll put out an email when it gets closer.

Love to all,


Katie

2 comments:

Jill Spencer said...

Nice pictures!!

Julie said...

So is that Gwen in the pic with Kendall?