Hi family! I hope all is well for everyone!
It is nice to see everyone (or a lot of you) on Facebook. I think it will be a fun, easy way to communicate that isnt quite as formal as the blog.
My Thanksgiving holiday started in a wonderful way. Kids can sometimes warm your heart in the most loving ways. I have a student in my class who is not the lovey-dovey, teacher's pet, affectionate type. He is very bright and responsible, but cool to all the other kids at the same time. On Tuesday, before he left schoool for the day, he came up to me and said "Ms. Johnson, I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving with your family, and I want you to know that I am thankful for you as my teacher." then he opened his arms and gave me a hug (maybe the second hug of the school year). I started to tear up, and I thanked him and let him know I am thankful for him as well. Children really can be quite amazing at times.
My parents and brothers came to NC to visit me for Thanksgiving this year. It was nice having them here. We took a winery tour, ate a lot of food, mom and I went shopping, Dad and the boys went to the planetarium, all in all, a good time. They got to meet Lily and loved her (of course, everyone does) and she loved all the attention. My roommate and I hosted a Thanksgiving not only for my family but for our friends as well. We had six of our friends come over for the holiday and I was proud to show off my friends to my family and my family to my friends. We had a nice big meal and Megan and I are still eating leftovers! Oye.
I am sure that my dad will blog with some pictures, but I am excited that I got to blog first! haha!
Other than that, there isnt really much new here. I am excited to come home for Christmas and I cant wait to see most everyone on the 27th!
I love you all!
Julie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait until Christmas. We could play barbies and American Girl Dolls.
Post a Comment