Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I did it!

Hi Family,

Many of you know that I have been training for a mini-marathon (13.1 miles) with Jillie and Mick. The marathon was last weekend in Indianapolis and we all were able to complete the run. I even got a medal! Actually, it was alot of fun. On just about every other corner there was a band playing, and people lined the route cheering the runners on. We ran one lap around the Indi 500 speedway. That was my first experience as a runner and my goal was just to finish the race and not care about how fast I went. Mick was already showered and dressed by the time Jillie and I got back to the hotel. I think I might do it next year.

In other news, the wedding date is getting closer. We had a wonderful shower for Jillie two weekends ago. I would attach some pictures but I am at work right now. Maybe when I get home. The invitations for the wedding should be going out soon!

Baby Gwen is doing great! She is ten months old, not quite walking yet but she will walk while holding onto things. She got her fist haircut last week and Grandpa Liz got in trouble with her Mom by saying she looked like a Beetle! I think she is going to keep her brunette hair, it doesn't seem to be lightening up like Nate and Jill's did.

That's about it for now. I'll post some pictures if I can when I get home. Can't wait to see you all at the wedding.


Katie

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Congratulations Katie. That is a significant achievement. Jeff

Molly said...

Way to go Aunt Kate! Do you care if I copy & paste your post onto the family Facebook page?