Hi All!
Skip and I had a wonderful time at Chanteu Chantel on Mission Point Peninsula north of Traverse City. Thank you very much for the great gift! We were there Sunday, Sept. 7th through Tuesday, September 9th. We drank some great wine and had two delicious dinners. We even purchased a few Christmas gifts - just a hint if you pick our presents in the grab bag! We took a drive along the Pierce Stocking Trail along Lake Michigan and visited historic Fishtown on the Leelenau Peninsula. We were able to stop by and see Tim/Jana's and Kate/Jim's paradise on the lake. The "cottage" home is beautiful as is the view on the bay! What a great retreat. If you ever get a chance to visit them be sure to take the drive on the Pierce Stocking Trail. It is spectacular.
Our summer went well. The weather was great in Michigan. We spent two weeks on Mullett Lake -- the last week of June and the first week of July. It was very relaxing.
I took a trip to Saugatuck for a few days with my girlfriends who also are turning 50 or turned 50 this year. One of these friends I have known since we were 3, two others since 2nd grade and the others from high school. We are also getting together for dinner next Tuesday.
We had a great time at the Johnson Reunion! Skip especially enjoyed the day seeing all of his cousins. We drove by the farm, as did everyone else.
Joe is home, applying to law schools to attend next September if he chooses, and he is working for Skip full-time as a Legal Assistant. He is well and happy for the first time that he can remember that he is not in school this September!
I worked as a volunteer at the Junior Olympics this past July and hope to be selected to work the NCAA Championship which will be held at Ford Field in April. (I am on the volunteer list as I worked the Super Bowl a few years back when it was in Detroit.) I am also looking for some other type of volunteer work in the evenings or weekends -- still trying to find my niche.
We got to meet Ethan this past Sunday (his Baptism) and I was fortunate to be able to hold him for a long time. He is beautiful. It was nice seeing Abbi too! (and the rest of you too.....)
Other than that, we go to work, come home, I walk, Skip watches TV, we eat dinner and on the weekends go to a CC football game.
(I tried to add pictures but I don't think it is working. I will try to add them later -- with the help of Joe.)
That's life at 50!
Hope to see everyone soon.
Love, Nancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment