The Spencer family had a few days together at the lake in August. We enjoyed being together and took advantage of everyone being here by taking a family picture. Since we had a 'professional' come and take them, I can't post them on the blog, but will be sure everyone gets one when the holidays roll around.
Most of you know that Matt has a new job as the principal of Sparta High School. This happened fairly suddenly in early August when the principal he had worked with took a job in Montcalm County. Jacob started kindergarten this year and loves riding the bus with the big kids to go to school. Eli considers the childcare at the YMCA to be his school and proudly announces that whenever he drives by. Of course, Jacob tries to set everyone straight by reminding us that it isn't a real school!!
Molly has kept everyone pretty well posted on life in St. Paul. We sure enjoyed having the Parker clan here for a few weeks this summer. Hard to believe that Ben is seven!!
Andy, Katie and Will made a quick (four day) trip to Michigan in August. It was such fun to see all the cousins together! Katie's folks joined us for a couple of the days, staying at the golf course since we were full!
The new Community Services Building that Bob has been working on for three years is completed, dedicated and in full use. This has taken quite a bit of pressure off of him so the job seems more manageable. Still we are looking forward to November 20th at noon when the new Supervisor begins his work. We are hoping to take a long week-end in Chicago soon after he finishes.
We have enjoyed having Tim and Jana and Kate and Jim so close. We see them and any of their visitors regularly. So, we've been able to see Gary and Michelle, Nancy and Skip, the Lisenbee extended family and all but Ben in the Tim Johnson family. Life is great up north and we invite any and all of you for a visit!!
The responses to the inquiry about the family Christmas party lead me to believe that we should have it the Saturday after Christmas at Lisenbees. All in favor? Then it is settled. Details to come later but I think you can pretty much plan on a repeat of the last several years. Who has the owls?
I didn't do my homework with summer pictures before I started this so I can't send any. I tried to add them to this from Picasa, but failed. I will try again sometime.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment