Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stars Win Gold

The Plymouth Canton Stars won the gold medal at the 2008 Soccer State Games.  TJ was instrumental in both wins by scoring one goal and contributing 3 assists.  

(TJ gets congrats from ref after scoring a goal)

This was the first gold medal won by the Star Warriors (this years team name) since the club began participating in soccer 5 years ago.  

The high-light of the weekend however was not on the soccer field, but at the dance.  TJ and the rest of the team did not leave the dance floor.  I was amazed when the DJ played the Hustle and TJ stayed on the floor and by watching the other dancers, learned to do  the Hustle.  I could not stop smiling.

As is usual, the Stars stayed for the last dance, the only team left in the building.  The last number was a slow dance and TJ finished out the night slow dancing with a cute redhead named Jessica.   

What a weekend.  Great weather, great sports and great memories. 

3 comments:

Jill Spencer said...

Tim, Thanks for sharing. It is so remarkable to see you getting to experience with TJ so many things that I have often taken for granted. You and Jana have been the most awesome, supportive, patient people I know. Love, Jill

Molly said...

Sounds awesome - way to go TJ! Thanks for sharing the photos and details, UTim.

Molly

Jon Johnson said...

another redhead! takes after his dad doesn't he?