
The two of us on some hike we took somewhere while we were gone.Bob and I just returned from a week long color tour to New Hampshire (and all the places you have to drive through to get there). We spent the week in the White Mountains with our friends and color tour pals for over 20 years, John and Kathy Borgert. One of the highlights of our trip was a ride on the cog railroad to the top of Mt. Washington, the highest peak in the range and notable for having the worst weather in the United States. The day we went it was beautiful, though there was snow on the ground. This train creeps both up and down the mountain at 3-5 miles per hour. On our descent, the train jumped the track. Quite frightening. We spent about an hour and a half standing on the side of the mountain waiting for the crew to get us back on track. At one point there were five trains within 200 yards of each other: two coming down, two going up, and one stuck!! After they got our train on track, we had to back up far enough for the two up-going Zaks to move to the siding, then successfully completed our descent. Also saw some beautiful scenery, took some hikes and ate good food. Now we are back home blowing leaves and enjoying the last few days of fall weather in northern Michigan. Bob is winding up his term as supervisor. Six more weeks!! We are both looking forward to having more flexibility in our schedule. Molly and family are moving on Oct. 25. Bob and I are going to help-or at least to play with the kids while the younger crowd manages the move. If all goes well, I am going to attach some pictures from our trip. Ok. I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures where I wanted them. I give up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment