Hi family,
So far, we are having a wonderful summer. We were lucky to have Derek, Kasey and Abbi visit, Matt and Kort, followed by a week with Jillie (or as Ella referred to her - Julie - or Cousin). I'll include a few photo's at the end.
The kids are doing great. Both are in swimming classes. Ella is quite the fish. She is completely water safe, likes to dive off of diving boards, and swims the length of the pool. Carey, I told her about your diving achievements, and she was very excited. We watched the Olympic diving trials together and she thought it was a hoot! Jude loves the water and is learning quite rapidly. He loves to jump in from the side and be quided back to the edge where he can hold on.
Ella had her last day at Kindercare on Friday. They had a graduation the week before, and her final dance recital the week before that. I've imbedded a Youtube link where you can see the video. Ella is the one in the front right. It was really a lot of fun.
Anyway, she started a summer camp today, that will help indoctrinate her to her new Kindergarten class and classmates. She was a little shy today, but did a great job, and she is really excited about the camp. Tomorrow they go on a field trip, on a bus! She can hardly sleep.
Jude is growing, and growing and growing. He loves to swim, kick the soccer ball, and play golf. He spends all his home time in yard playing sports with his sister. It's very cute.
Trish is in Europe for a couple of weeks. She left last Monday and returns next Wednesday. The kids miss her dearly, but they are both being great about it. Our friends and neighbors are helping as well. We went next door on Saturday for a big family bbq with Poppa Don and Aunt Jean. And last night we went to some friends for a swim and dinner. Her job is going great. She was just assigned the leadership role for both Europe and Asia and is in the process of defining her team and getting the processes in place.
I start another new job on Monday. I'll be working for TurnHere. This company produces videos for internet advertisers - like the customers of YellowPages.com. I'll be managing the filmakers network and the processes for automating the various products and platforms for development and delivery. I'm quite excited about it. It's a very small start up company of about 50 people. The founder has a great track record with start ups, so I'm thinking the experience will be incredible. I'm also working in partnership with a friend from the wine company (my previous job), to start a small winemakers incubator company. We've had several meetings, and are now working on getting our ducks in a row for licensing and so on. This could be a lot of fun, if indeed we can pull it off. Funding may be our challenge. If you know anyone who wants to give me a million bucks - that would be great!
We are looking forward to Will's birthday and the visit from Jill and Bob. We are also thinking constantly about our brother and uncle Jeff.
Here is the connection to youtube to see the dance video.
Love, Jon

3 comments:
Thanks for the update, pictures and the video. Brought back memories of all the years of dance recitals. Talk to you soon.
Great Blog Jon. I would like to know more about your wine business venture. Sounds interesting. I hope to see you and your family soon.
Jon, Indeed a great blog. The wine business venture sounds very interesting, for sure. But, don't confuse Tim's interest in it with "I have a million dollars for you." However, I will let you know when we win the lottery!
Post a Comment