Hello, everyone! We just returned from a week at YMCA Camp du Nord. Camp du Nord is on Burntside Lake near the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota. Here's a photo of the kids outside the cabin we stayed in for the week. We had a wonderful time at camp. Every morning the kids had age-group activities, which left Dave and I free for two hours. There was also plenty of family time, which we spent fishing, hiking, climbing rocks (well, the kids climbed - I didn't), making arts & crafts, and building campfires. Burntside Lake is a very quiet spot with lots of unpopulated shoreline, and no power boats, so it was a peaceful week.
When we returned to Saint Paul, we found that a section of our back yard fence had blown down. Somehow, this seems to happen every time we leave town. Dave and the kids are going to fix it today - hopefully shore it up for another few months (or years, if we are lucky).
We received the first load of produce from our CSA farm this week, so are enjoying farm fresh lettuces, radishes, spinach, scallions, and the like. The kids are already clamoring for "farm fresh peas," cabbages, and kholrabi, but its a bit too early.
Dave is headed to Raleigh-Durham this week. The kids and I will just be hanging around the neighborhood, catching up with friends and getting the house back into operational mode. We are already counting the days until our visit to Torch Lake in August. I start a new medication for my arthritis this week. This time it's injectable methotrexate. Keep your fingers crossed for me (or, if you are the praying type, I will also gladly accept prayers) that this will be the right medication for my stubborn, aching joints.
We love and miss you all. We enjoyed seeing the photos of Wynn's and Liza's wedding. We are excited for the next two additions to the family - hang in there Kendall & Kasey!!! With love,
Molly, Dave, Ben, Andy & Laura Kate.
2 comments:
HEY! I live an hour (or less) from raleigh-durham!! What's Dave doing? I could have offered him a free place to stay if he wanted!!
Oops - he's actually in Allentown this week. I get mixed up....... Anyway, he's usually super busy when he's on travel, with meetings all day & business dinners at night. Hope to see you this summer, Julie!
Post a Comment