Saturday, June 28, 2008

Indiana

Thanks for the posts. I enjoyed reading about the California families and the pictures are great. Things are busy here as always. Cary just finished two weeks of diving camp at Indiana University. She had a blast, learned a lot, and did not get homesick (hardly ever). Over the middle weekend the campers had an opportunity to go see the olympic diving trials. I guess one student from IU made the cut. Cary was excited about the whole thing. Drivers Ed starts next week for Cary. She'll get here permit next week also.

Molly is getting more and more excited about IU. She found out that her housing request was accepted. She will stay in the Reed Living Learning Center which is exclusively for Journalism majors. We'll take her down there on August 27th I think. Meanwhile she is working at the country club across the street waiting on table. Molly's open house was great. Thanks everybody. We still have leftovers. I'm sick of Italian beef.

Sheila has a new position at Ivy Tech Community College. She now has regional (4 campuses) responsibility for articulation agreements - among other things. Things are going well with my job also. No traveling for a couple of weeks and it's been nice to stay at home for awhile. Last weekend I had a chance to go to Churchill Downs in Louisville. Awesome. What a great way to spend the day - we had a blast. The only down side was that 2 horses had to be put down because of injuries sustained during the racing.

Our little town is excited about a high school student (soon to be a junior) who will be swimming in the olympic trials this week in Omaha. His name is Kyle Whittaker and he's a friend of Cary's. Watch for him.

1 comment:

Mick said...

I forgot to mention that some how, some way, 'the owl' mysteriously appeared on our book shelf. I thought the owl was a myth.
mick