Thursday, May 22, 2008

Aaaaaahhh!

Hi family!

I have good news and bad news. Bad news first (i guess it's not really that bad) I will be teaching 2nd grade next year. I know what you're thinking... big whoop. BUT I never thought I wanted to go as young as 3rd (my current grade) so it is scary for me to think of even younger kids. Also, I am not the biggest fan of one of the current 2nd grade teachers. Of course, I will go into it with a positive outlook and be the best 2nd grade teacher that I can be, I'm just scared. (AAAAHH 7 YEAR OLDS ARE FRIGHTENING hehe)

OK now the good news, we had our End Of Grade testing this week. This test determines if the students will pass the grade or not and also reflects upon us as teachers. I was nervous since I have some very low readers, but all of my wonderful students passed!!! All but one, but he is learning at a kindergarten level and he still scored way better than I thought he would. I am so proud of my kids and myself.

Other than the school stuff, there isnt really anything new going on here. Just enjoying the weather (81 today) and trying to relax and enjoy myself as much as possible.

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all. Hopefully I will see most of you sometime this summer.

Love to all!
Julie

1 comment:

Molly said...

Julie, congratulations on the great test results for your kids! I am sure you'll do great with the seven-year-olds (and I hope I do too, since Ben will be 7 in August)! Love,

Molly