Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 27

Although the 30th is my birthday, this week looks pretty busy and I may not have time to write. I hope all is well with the clan. Things are good in Plymouth.

Yesterday, Jana and I went to visit a friend that is recuperating from back surgery at the VA hospital in Detroit. I am surprised that the facility is so nice. I guess I expected a dingy old hospital, but it was built only a few years ago and is actually quite nice.

It was a little sad to see the old soldiers in wheel chairs hanging out in the rec room.

This week marks 30 years of marriage bliss for Jana and I. We are celebrating by going to Saugatuck for the weekend. We are thankful that we have such a supportive family and that we can always find somewhere for TJ to stay while we are away. This time we have Skip and Nancy to thank.

My foot is still sore, but appears to be improving. I was able to walk nine holes on Monday, although my foot was very sore afterward. I am hoping to improve enough to be able to walk off my winter fat before too long.

TJ just finished up the bowling season yesterday with the area tournament. He did not bowl is best games, but he had fun nonetheless. He will resume his sporting career in the fall when soccer season begins in September.

I guess that is all for now. Hope you all are having a fabulous spring.

TJ Sr.

No comments: