Wednesday, March 12, 2008

5 days to St. Patrick's Day

Hi Family - Nancy here. I went for a walk last night and enjoyed the extra sunlight and the smell of spring -- it is on its way in MI! I do not like getting up at 5am (really 4am) though. Spring sports started Monday here at school. The lacrosse players are outside -- they are tough; the baseball players are inside; track and field are in and out - runners outside always - hurdles in the halls and throwers in the gym; golfers are finding it tough this year as they are playing their sport for the first time in the spring. In the past they played in the fall. I think they will be playing the majority of the games in May! I really enjoy my job -- the boys are full of life and there are always activities to attend and great people to be around. At home, I need to paint three rooms this spring and will hopefully have enough energy and motivation to get the job done! We are vacationing on Mullett Lake again this year -- the best vacation ever -- two weeks in a row! We love it up there. Even though I work in a school, I do work all summer and Xmas and Easter vacations too! That is the Catholics for you. Joe will be looking for a career job this spring so wish him well and luck too. It amazes me the soaring prices of gas, food, clothes, etc. -- I don't know how people are surviving. I am so looking forward for November but it will take a long time to fix everything that is broken. Hope everyone is well. Take care. Nancy

No comments: